The MVRCOG provides personnel and pre-employment services to its member school districts and business entities to save money and time. Using the MVRCOG simplifies the hiring process for employers enabling them to focus on their day-to-day business.
The Governing Board of the Mahoning County Educational Service Center (now the Educational Service Center of Eastern Ohio), the Board of Education of the Canfield Local Schools and the Board of Education of the Struthers City Schools, joined to create the MVRCOG in 2013. The Mahoning Valley Regional Council of Governments (MVRCOG) is a Regional Council of Governments (COG) created under Chapter 17 of the Ohio Revised Code.
WHAT WE DO
We take control of the pre-employment and onboarding process needed when hiring an employee. We know that situations arise which require positions to be filled quickly, and we employ the use of Frontline©, an online recruiting and hiring software package, to make this possible. We manage all of the responsibilities of screening, pre-employment testing, and onboarding that is is often tedious and time-consuming, freeing your team to focus on other important tasks. MVRCOG services enable your team to observe employee performance and work habits before making a district hire.
The MVRCOG pre-employment and onboarding services include:
- Assistance with ODE licensure requirements
- Job postings on Frontline© to fill non-union vacancies quickly
- Payroll process, statutory benefits, and tracking of ACA compliance
- ParaPro testing
- Pre-employment assessments
- Pre-employment drug screens
- BCI/FBI background checks
- Verification of qualifications
Our team is dedicated to providing the staff and services districts need to serve students. We take the reigns and manage the recruiting and onboarding process so administrators can focus students and their schools.
Click here to connect with our management team!
OUR MEMBERS & ASSOCIATES
Our members and associates include more than a dozen districts and educational institutions.
Our members include:
- Austintown Local Schools*
- Boardman Local Schools*
- Campbell City Schools*
- Canfield Local Schools*
- East Palestine City Schools
- Educational Service Center of Eastern Ohio*
- Lowellville Local Schools
- Mahoning County Career and Technical Center*
- Poland Local Schools*
- South Range Local Schools
- Springfield Local Schools
- Struthers City Schools*
- United Way of Mahoning Valley
- Valley Virtual
- Western Reserve Local Schools
*indicates districts in our Substitute Teacher Consortium
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE MVRCOG
To become a member of the MVRCOG, please contact Sandy Furano, Director of the MVRCOG at 330.533.8755, ext. 1113 or email email@example.com.