We are looking for committed, compassionate, positive educators who are ready to make a difference for our students in Grades K-12! Local districts utilize our consortium to fill daily substitute openings and satisfy long-term substitute teacher needs.
BECOMING A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
Bachelor's Degree in any field
FBI/BCI Background Check
We help candidates apply for and obtain a substitute teaching license for the state of Ohio. Once licensed, we place substitutes in local districts as needed.
HOW DO I START THE PROCESS?
2. Schedule an Interview
Email Sandy Furano at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include that you are interested in being a substitute teacher and that you have completed the online application.
You will be contacted for an interview.
3. Complete Onboarding Requirements
After a successful interview, the onboarding requirements include:
- Completing new hire paperwork
- FBI/BCI background check
- Drug screen
- Applying for Substitute Teacher License through Ohio Department of Education (we assist hires with this process)
- Receiving your security ID badge
4. Attend Orientation
This mandatory two-hour orientation introduces new substitutes to their workplace, covering topics such as:
- Using Frontline/Aesop to accept job assignments
- Classroom management and best practices
- Substitute teacher handbook review and emergency toolkit
- Public SchoolWorks online safety and regulatory compliance courses
Want to know more about what a substitute teacher does? Click here for general information about the duties and responsibilities of a substitute teacher!
DISTRICTS IN THE SUBSTITUTE TEACHER CONSORTIUM
- Austintown Local Schools
- Boardman Local Schools
- Campbell City Schools
- Canfield Local Schools
- Educational Service Center of Eastern Ohio
- Mahoning County Career and Technical Center
- Poland Local Schools
- Struthers City Schools
Member district substitute openings are posted for substitute teachers employed by the MVRCOG to see and accept.
- Recruiting and qualifying substitute teachers in your area
- Promotion of substitute teacher employment opportunities
- Management of compliance requirements and licensure
- Training of substitutes for job assignments
- Aesop administration and scheduling
- Service and support to district staff, administrators and substitutes
School districts interested in our substitute teacher management services should contact Sandy Furano, Director of MVRCOG at email@example.com or 330.533.8771